Even if you may not feel led to foster or adopt, there are still ways that you can help the foster children and foster families in White County. We are in need of several volunteers to serve in different capacities. Are you only looking to help out once or twice a month? We’ve got a spot for you. Are you looking to help out on a weekly basis? We’ve got a spot for you. Are you looking to get knee deep in our cause? We’ve got a spot for you.
To start serving with The CALL, click HERE to fill out our basic volunteer form.
To volunteer with The CALL we ask that you:
- Fill out a Statement of Faith since we are a Christian organization
- Complete a background check packet (ESSENTIAL if you’re working with children)
- Follow through with your commitment
There are several areas where we need volunteers and at all different commitment levels.
We have one leadership position we need filled. This position requires a background check and the highest level of commitment.
- Events Coordinator: This is a position on our leadership board so this person would be in a top-tier position. Coordinator would be required to attend bi-monthly meetings, stay in contact about CALL business through the leadership Facebook page. The Events Coordinator is responsible for planning our four Parents Night Out events a year, two big fundraisers, CALL Family Fellowship, Adoption dinner, and coordinating the Project Zero Disney Extravaganza booth. The Events Coordinator is the administrator of the events, but they will not have to plan the events alone; each board member and other volunteers play their role. This person would need to be a dedicated team player ready to dive head first into The CALL.
Here are some of the second-tier leadership positions available. These positions require a background check and a high level of commitment. People will be dependent on those that accept these positions.
- Bald Knob Boutique Manager: This person would handle scheduling volunteers, organizing the boutique, and opening it for the families. They would also be in charge of changing out clothes seasonally.
- Rose Bud Boutique Manager: This person would handle scheduling volunteers, organizing the boutique, and opening it for the families. They would also be in charge of changing out clothes seasonally.
- Foster Family Support Group leader: Leads the support group monthly and/or schedules special guest speakers for support group.
- Single Parent Support Group leader: Leads the support group monthly and/or schedules special guest speakers for support group.
- Biological Family Support Group leader: Leads the support group monthly and/or schedules special guest speakers for support group. (This is a work in progress)
- Emergency Assist Team: When kids are brought into care it is at all hours of the night and sometimes they come in with nothing. We need a team of people who can help gather supplies from the boutique, feed/clean children up, etc…(This is a work in progress).
If leadership is not where you see yourself, don’t worry, we have PLENTY of positions we need filled that do not require you to administrate.
Here are some of our lower (but super important)-tier positions:
- Childcare: We have several events throughout the year and we need childcare for these events.
- Support group/Life skills (twice a month; two hours)
- PRIDE Training (16 opportunities a year; 4-hour shifts)
- Parents Night Out (four times per year)
- Events (5-8 events per year; times vary)
- Boutique: We need people that can wash, sort, and put away laundry on a regular basis. The great part is, you set your schedule. We also need people that can open the boutique to foster families on a monthly basis for a few hours. We have a boutique in Beebe, Bald Knob, and Rose Bud.
- Events: We need people that want to periodically help with events. Got a knack for decorating? Be the official person our Events Coordinator calls on to decorate events. Love to cook? Be that person we call for catering help a few times a year.
- Bedside Angels: Children in foster care frequently get sick. They spend time in the hospital or they have to stay home for several days. This costs our families dearly in their salary and vacation days. We need people that can sit at the hospital/home while their foster parents are at work. This position is on an as-need basis depending on the children’s needs.
- Drivers: Children need to be transported to visitations, school, and other various events. Only people who have passed a background check can be drivers. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Teachers: We provide life skills classes for our teens and topical classes for our foster families. We need people who feel comfortable teaching to help us out in this area.
- Tutors: Tutoring is provided through The CALL at no charge to all foster children. We need tutors with expertise in different areas to help with private tutoring sessions and group summer sessions.
- Mentors: Sometimes kids, especially teens, need someone to talk to someone that isn’t their foster parent that can offer godly wisdom.
- PRIDE Training: Teachers are needed for our foster parent training program. To be a PRIDE Trainer you must have a two-year degree and be willing to go to a weekend training retreat (all expenses paid).
We frequently add new volunteer positions to this list as our ministry grows. If you don’t see a specific place where you think you fit, check back or call us and let us know you’d like to just volunteer your time to whatever area we need whenever you can. For more information about volunteering, message us on Facebook.